10 Steps to Becoming a Home Care Franchisee
We’re excited about your interest in FirstLight® Home Care! Our senior care franchise is both financially and personally rewarding, as it will allow you to build a future for yourself by helping others. In order to get you started quickly and smoothly, FirstLight’s franchise award process is carefully designed to be completed in just six to eight weeks.
Explore the FirstLight Opportunity
- A team member will quickly set up a phone appointment and send you our electronic brochure for your review.
- During our first phone appointment, we’ll explore who you are, what you’re looking for, and what franchise ownership would look like in your community.
- If we mutually determine FirstLight is the right fit, we’ll schedule the first of two FirstSteps Concept Overview web conferences to get you fully educated on the FirstLight opportunity and to explore the partnership further.
Get to Know Us Better
- At the FirstSteps web conference, we’ll talk more about our unique approach, our seasoned experience in building a successful home and senior care franchise, and the many strengths of our system. The second web conference will cover the training and franchisee support you will receive, and we’ll also review potential franchise territories for you.
- Once we’ve completed the FirstSteps Concept Overview, we’ll ask you for a franchise application and invite you to complete an entrepreneurial assessment.
- When you complete your application, we’ll review the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) together and you’ll begin the process of validating the concept with the Franchise Owners.
Are You the Right Fit for FirstLight?
- We’ll review your completed franchise application and all relevant data.
- We’ll also review your completed entrepreneurial assessment on a coaching call together.
- We’ll discuss the details of your preferred territory and key local market factors.
- Given successful outcomes from the above reviews and discussion, once you’ve completed your validation calls with Franchise Owners, you will be invited to attend an upcoming Discovery Day.
Meet the Team Day
- You’ll spend an entire day meeting the FirstLight team, even attending dinner the night before, if your travel allows.
- We’ll review our FDD in person and you’ll meet one-on-one with us at the close of Meet the Team Day to ensure any questions pertinent to your timing, market, etc. are personally addressed in full.
- You’ll also receive a graphic of your desired territory demographics and mapping, reinforcing our discussions.
- We’ll share training dates and a projected timeline for the next steps, including the signing of the franchise agreement or deposit agreement.
Mutual Evaluation Decisions & Follow-Up
- We’ll call to answer all of your remaining questions from the Meet the Team Day, setting up an in-person appointment, if you’d prefer.
- We’ll share feedback and findings of our FirstLight Home Care franchising team members regarding your potential status as a new FirstLight owner.
Approval to Join the FirstLight Team
- We’ll confirm your territory and timing as earlier agreed upon.
- We’ll answer any remaining FDD questions.
- Our approval board will review and approve your candidacy to become a FirstLight franchise owner.
Franchise Agreements & Setting Timing for Training
- Your franchise agreement dates will be coordinated and you’ll have ample time for final review and the signing of the franchise agreement with a FirstLight representative present by phone.
- You’ll return the signed agreement along with the initial franchise fee.
Congratulations! Now the Fun Really Begins!
- When your fully executed agreement is received at the Fist Light office, you’ll receive a welcome call from our CEO.
- Your Launch Specialist will also call you to briefly review the Pre-Training Checklist items, set a call for a Training/Operations kick-off to occur within two days to review the checklist, and confirm timing for completion.
- Your Launch Specialist will have an introductory call with you to review your advanced prep work required to attend your training session and have continual calls to “check-in”.
Complete New Owner Training Week
- You’ll complete our New Owner Training and celebrate your earned diploma.
- You'll attend hands-on, small group training at our world headquarters while networking and learning alongside other new owners and managers.
- You’ll establish friendships and mentors to help you grow your FirstLight business.
- We’ll begin public relations for your grand opening and confirm all other final preparation items have been completed.
Open Your New FirstLight Home Care Business!
- You’ll schedule your grand opening.
- We’ll ensure a member of the FirstLight Home Care Operations Team is onsite within the first week to 10 days of opening.
- We’ll ensure a follow-up process is in place for field support communications and set weekly calls with you for at least the first four months.