PATHS TO OWNERSHIP
We’re excited about your interest in FirstLight! Owning a FirstLight Home Care franchise is a great way to find professional and personal fulfillment while building your future as you help others enjoy a better quality of life.
In order to get you started quickly and smoothly, FirstLight’s franchise award process is carefully designed to be completed in just six to eight weeks. We’ve transparently laid out every step of the process here.
FRANCHISE AWARD PROCESS
1EXPLORE THE FIRSTLIGHT OPPORTUNITY
- A team member will quickly set up a phone appointment and send you our electronic brochure for your review.
- During our first phone appointment, we’ll explore who you are, what you’re looking for and what franchise ownership would look like in your community.
- If we mutually determine FirstLight is the right fit, we’ll schedule the first of two FirstSteps Concept Overview web conferences to get you fully educated on the FirstLight opportunity and to explore the partnership further.
2GET TO KNOW US BETTER
- On the first FirstSteps web conference, we’ll talk more about our unique approach, our seasoned experience in building a successful home and senior care franchise and the many strengths of our system.
- The second web conference will cover the training and franchisee support you will receive, and we’ll also review potential franchise territories for you.
- Once we’ve completed the FirstSteps Concept Overview, we’ll ask you for a franchise application and invite you to complete an entrepreneurial assessment.
- When you complete your application, we’ll review the Franchise Disclosure Document together and you’ll begin the process of validating the concept with Franchise Owners.
3ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT FOR FIRSTLIGHT?
- We’ll review your completed franchise application and all relevant data.
- We’ll review your completed entrepreneurial assessment on a coaching call together.
- We’ll discuss the details of your preferred territory and key local market factors.
- Given successful outcomes above, once you’re completed your validation calls with Franchise Owners you will be invited to attend an upcoming Discovery Day.
4MEET THE TEAM DAY
- You’ll spend an entire day meeting the FirstLight team, even attending dinner the night before if your travel allows.
- We’ll review our Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) in person.
- You’ll meet one-on-one with us at the close of Meet the Team Day to ensure any questions pertinent to your timing, market, etc. are personally addressed in full.
- You’ll receive a graphic of your desired territory demographics and mapping, reinforcing our discussions.
- We’ll share training dates and a projected timeline for next steps, including the signing of the franchise agreement or deposit agreement.
5MUTUAL EVALUATION DECISIONS AND FOLLOW-UP
- We’ll call to answer all of your remaining questions from Meet the Team Day, setting up an in-person appointment, if you’d prefer.
- We’ll share feedback and findings of our FirstLight Home Care franchising team members regarding your potential status as a new FirstLight owner.
6APPROVAL TO JOIN THE FIRSTLIGHT TEAM
- We’ll confirm your territory and timing as earlier agreed upon.
- We’ll answer any remaining FDD questions.
- Our approval board will review and approve you candidacy to become a FirstLight franchise owner.
7FRANCHISE AGREEMENTS AND SETTING TIMING FOR TRAINING
- Your franchise agreement dates will be coordinated, and you’ll have ample time for final review and signing of the franchise agreement with a FirstLight representative present by phone.
- You’ll return the signed agreement along with the initial franchise fee.
8CONGRATULATIONS — THE FUN REALLY BEGINS
- When your fully executed agreement is received at the FirstLight office, you’ll receive a welcome call from our CEO.
- Your Launch Specialist will also call you to briefly review the Pre-Training Checklist items, set a call for a Training/Operations kick-off to occur within two days to review the checklist, and confirm timing for completion.
- Your Launch Specialist will have an introductory call with you to review your advanced prep work required to attend your training session, and have continual calls to “check-in.”
- We’ll follow up with a call no later than two weeks prior to your training date to confirm your travel arrangements, timing for training week, and that prep work is completed to ensure you’re ready for New Owner Training Week.
9COMPLETE NEW OWNER TRAINING WEEK
- You’ll complete our New Owner Training and celebrate your earned diploma.
- You’ll attend hands-on, small group training at our world headquarters while networking and learning alongside other new owners and managers.
- You’ll establish friendships and mentors to help you grow your FirstLight business.
- We’ll begin public relations for your grand opening and confirm all other final preparation items have been completed.
10OPEN YOUR NEW FIRSTLIGHT HOME CARE BUSINESS
- You’ll schedule your grand opening.
- We’ll ensure a member of the FirstLight Home Care Operations Team is onsite within the first week to 10 days of opening.
- We’ll ensure a follow-up process is in place for field support communications and set weekly calls with you for at least the first four months.
Franchisee in Clearwater, FL
What compelled me to partner with FirstLight was the extensive experience the leadership team had in the space. After meeting with several leading brands, FirstLight was the only brand that asked me why I wanted to be in this business—the others just wanted to talk about growth and financial opportunities. FirstLight was highly interested in whether or not I was a good fit for the culture they were trying to create, which was very important to me.
Franchisee in Clearwater, FL